Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Wireless Advocates is a leading provider of wireless products and services both online and in over 600 retail locations nationwide. Together with the top wireless carriers (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint) and OEM's (Apple, Samsung, LG, Motorola), our knowledgeable teams of on-site wireless professionals deliver high-value products and services - helping consumers connect and communicate every day.
Car Toys is the parent company of Wireless Advocates and the largest independent multi-channel specialty car audio and mobile electronics retailer in the United States. We offer a broad selection of the best car audio, mobile entertainment, navigation/road safety, and security systems from the top manufacturers and also offer an array of auto salon services. Our consultative process ensures you're getting what you need, and our certified installers and superior installation standards ensure your products will be installed flawlessly.
The Assistant Controller is a highly visible and interactive role within the organization. The role’s primary mission is to oversee and run the accounting operations, collaborate with other departments and cross-functional teams, and prepare/ review various analyses and reports on the company’s financial and operational data. In order to do this, the role requires excellent communication skills, ability to solve problems with unknown variables, and a team approach when dealing with a variety of executives, business managers, and operational team members.
The ideal candidate will have adequate management experience, a firm understanding of basic to intermediate GAAP and financial reporting, and a prior audit background from a well-known public accounting firm. This type of background will most likely succeed as the company’s Assistant Controller due to the disciplines required of the role: organization; communication; collaboration; multi-tasking on many competing priorities; challenging the status quo.
This position is a shared services role and will support both Wireless Advocates and Car Toys (enterprise).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. With the Corporate Controller, oversee and run certain accounting operations, ensuring all deadlines and tasks are done timely and with attention to high accuracy. Accounting operations include the GL, AR and AP.
2. Manage the monthly Accounting Dashboard for the company ensuring key metrics are being achieved with the team.
3. With the help of other team members, manage external and internal financial reporting.
4. Participate in financial close meetings each month with Executive Team.
5. Help the CFO and Corporate Controller forecast cash, balance sheet, and operating results.
6. Help the CFO and Corporate Controller make efficient use of working capital (inventory to cash conversion) as measured through key monthly reporting metrics.
7. With the help of our internal audit team and the Corporate Controller, enforce accounting policies & procedures; make recommendations as needed.
8. Continually identify compliance or business process gaps and recommend actions to take.
9. Manage the monthly and yearly financial close processes to meet assigned deadlines and ensure that the data coming out of the close process is useful for decision makers. Timely and accurate reconciliations / roll forwards of the balance sheet accounts and certain income statement accounts are pertinent to the closing process.
10. Utilize the appropriate team members to support and coordinate yearly audits, state and federal tax audits, and bank compliance audits.
11. Oversee key accounting duties with Affiliate Company as they relate to shared services, intercompany transactions, reporting and accounting treatment.
12. With the Executive team, help business managers control expenses through cost containment strategies.
13. Utilize GL team to manage the fixed asset subsystem; report on budget to actual capex spend, fixed asset accounting, and personal property tax filing requirements.
14. Be the key point of contact for the accounting firm preparing sale & use tax returns.
15. Assist with special projects and additional duties as assigned.
16. May be cross-trained, or asked to cross-train others, in areas of responsibility between the two companies in order to support coverage for absences and provide succession for career development and enterprise growth.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
CPA, Masters and / or MBA preferred
Audit experience with a well-known public accounting firm
Minimum of 5 years of corporate accounting and management experience
Quality management experience
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
Accounting experience in a multi-channel, multi-location company is a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office software; especially Excel, Word and Outlook
Knowledge and experience with financial accounting software
Willingness to roll-up the sleeves and dive into the work
Excellent ability to organize and prioritize
Excellent communications skills; summarize and present complex data in a meaningful way
Read, speak, write and understand the English language
Work is performed in a normal office environment
Car Toys, Inc. / Wireless Advocates supports and encourages a diverse workplace. Any offer of employment is contingent upon an employment background check.
We’ve Got You Covered
At Car Toys / Wireless Advocates, LLC., our people are our greatest asset. We are dedicated to providing our employees the tools to succeed in their career, as well as to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We offer the following benefits: