Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Wireless Advocates is a leading provider of wireless products and services both online and in over 600 retail locations nationwide. Together with the top wireless carriers (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint) and OEM's (Apple, Samsung, LG, Motorola), our knowledgeable teams of on-site wireless professionals deliver high-value products and services - helping consumers connect and communicate every day.
Car Toys is the parent company of Wireless Advocates and the largest independent multi-channel specialty car audio and mobile electronics retailer in the United States. We offer a broad selection of the best car audio, mobile entertainment, navigation/road safety, and security systems from the top manufacturers and also offer an array of auto salon services. Our consultative process ensures you're getting what you need, and our certified installers and superior installation standards ensure your products will be installed flawlessly.
MISSION & SCOPE:
The Enterprise Tax Supervisor is responsible for efficient delivery of quality tax services related to the day to day operations of Car Toys and Wireless Advocates. The Tax Manager is responsible for aggregating information for federal, state, SALT, B&O and property tax to be submitted to their respective tax preparers. The manager will be the main contact on enterprise tax issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate and distribute information monthly, quarterly and annually in support of tax preparation by external firms
• Maintain and manage relationship with professional consultants and their execution of SALT, Federal, License and PPT.
• Maintain the tax calendar, nexus and sales tax rate tables
• Supervise tax employee
• Prepare journal entries and reconcile accounts related to tax
• Provide tax guidance on business decisions
• Identify and mitigate tax risks
• Act as the subject matter expert related to tax
• Act as the main point of contact for tax preparers and authorities
• Lead all tax projects for the Enterprise
• Prepare reports and perform analysis as required
• Manage and coordinate tax audits
• Assist with special projects and additional duties as assigned
• Accounting degree required, Masters in Tax preferred
• CPA preferred
• Minimum of five years of experience in Accounting/Tax Manager role, preferably in a retail environment
• SALT experience required
• Avalara or similar platform experience highly preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred
• Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client
• Effective cross-group collaboration
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Strong, influential written and verbal communication skills, with technical writing experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to sit and/or stand at a work station in an office environment for extended periods of time and work on a PC without limitations
• Excellent situational awareness – must be comfortable in dynamic open environments
• Ability to travel to, and move about in, field locations in order to perform field assessments
• Ability to occasionally work non-traditional or extended hours based on business need
We’ve Got You Covered!
At Wireless Advocates, LLC., our people are our greatest asset. We are dedicated to providing our employees the tools to succeed, as well as to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Wireless Advocates offers the following benefits:
•Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
•401(k) with company match
•Company Paid Commuter Program
•Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time
Wireless Advocates/Car Toys is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and support diversity in the workplace.